Dec 31, 2013
Purple Trading is an online true ECN / STP forex broker specializing in foreign exchange trading, commodities and stock indices. The broker was founded in Nicosia, Cyprus. Purple Trading also has an office...
Purple Trading is an online true ECN / STP forex broker specializing in foreign exchange trading, commodities and stock indices. The broker was founded in Nicosia, Cyprus. Purple Trading also has an office in Prague, Czech Republic. Trading can be done with Purple Trading through the trading platform MetaTrader 4 for Windows, Mac OSX and mobile phones
Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC)
Bank wire, Credit card (VISA/Mastercard)
Bank wire transfer
Credit card (VISA/Mastercard), Bank wire
Purple Trading is a brokerage Forex firm, whose headquarters are based mainly in Nicosia, Cyprus, but it also holds a representative office in Prague. It has been on the market since 2012, but it was not until 2016 that it joined forces with L. F. Investment Ltd., a company approved for the reception and transmission of orders and manage the assets for all financial instruments in the EU. Although it’s main market is located in Czech Republic and eastern and central Europe, its brand has spread in all EU countries.
The firm currently offers STP and ECN basic accounts, tailored for algorithmic traders and scalping strategies; as well as Managed Accounts for professional traders and investors who do not have the time to trade themselves. Last, but not least, the broker offers a VIP account with ECN spreads and reduced commission fees.
• License and regulations: The Company’s license and regulations are based on the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission or CySEC, which provides a set of requirements and rules that increases the security levels of the agency. First, the CySEC requires all broker firms based in Cyprus to hold at least 730,000 euros in their accounts to prove their stability in financial terms. Also, their clients’ money must be kept in segregated accounts, so reports can be provided on a regular basis. In addition, all companies regulated by CySEC are members of the Investor Compensation Fund, which provide compensations up to 20,000 euros in case the broker defaults. Furthermore, CySEC is part of the European MiFID regulations, so they are free to operate in all EU Member States.
Finally, the fact that the forex firm is registered with the UK’s FCA, the BaFin (German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority), the ACPR of France, Italy’s CONSOB, CNMV in Spain and the Czech National Bank, provides security to its clients.
• Trading Conditions: The minimum initial deposit in this company is $1,000, which would be quite high for a foreign brokerage firm. Nonetheless, their No-Dealing-Desk trading environment is provided.
In regard to the spreads, they are comparatively low, depending on the account category obtained. The spreads of the free-commission accounts start in 0.9 pips on the Euro-Dollar Exchange and the ECN account 0.1 pips with a $5 commission per lot. In that sense, the trading costs of both accounts are quite similar - around 1.0 to 1.5 pips per standard lot.
Purple Trading offers leverage up to 1:200, which is considered a little low in comparison with other Cyprus-based forex trading companies that offer ratios as high as 1:1000.
• Platforms: This broker supports the well-known MetaTrader 4 platform for both desktop and mobile versions. This incredible system allows its users to trade online, offering a friendly interface, charting packages, technical indicators and more.
• Payment methods: Purple Trading works mainly with bank wire transfer, taking 1 to 2 business days, and credit and debit cards, which takes just a few hours. However, the broker does not accept e-wallets such as Skrill or Neteller.
• It is an established and well-regulated company.
• It offers comparatively low spreads.
• It supports MetaTrader 4 as trading platform.
• The initial deposit is quite high.
• The leverage ratio is low in relation to the market.
The brokerage forex firm is reliable and fully-regulated. It only offers STP and ECN accounts at comparatively low spreads through the well-known platform MT4. However, the initial deposit is a little high and there are no other trading platforms to choose.