English, Portuguese, Spanish
Argentina, Brazil, United States
BitPagos is a financial payments company that was founded by Sebastian Serrano and Luciana Gruszeczka in 2013 that offers electronic payment solutions for emerging markets using the Blockchain technology in Latin America. It has closed a $1.9 million Series A round and one of the startups during the TechCrunch Disrupt New York 2016 Battlefield finals.
Bitpagos later rebranded and renamed as "Ripio", which means 'gravel' in Spanish and now also the name of its consumer credit product that enables individuals with limited banking history to get credit through its consumer wallet services.
Just like other payment gateways, Bitpagos offers a variety of features making them distinct from others
• Instant and Faster Payment
• Offers multiple payout methods such as debit cards, international bank wire options and etc
• Lower transaction fees
• A full-featured payments application with Bitcoin support.
• Payment apps enable international transactions
• Can be used on e-commerce sites
BitPagos reserves the right to charge service fees based on the total amount of your transaction.
• Credit card processing subject to approval. 5% fee* on charged credit card transactions with $0 setup and $0 monthly fees.
Pros & Cons
- multiple payout methods
- Easy internal transactions
- High fees