DescriptionExodus is a highly ambitious desktop wallet designed to give you complete control over your cryptocurrency assets. For starters, it’s the first desktop wallet that offers full compatibility with ShapeShift – a popular instant cryptocurrency exchange supporting dozens of tokens. This means Exodus users have access to nearly a dozen cryptocurrencies. Like other desktop wallets, Exodus stores cryptocurrency assets directly on your machine. Because Exodus is a lite wallet, you never have to download the whole blockchain to your computer. Exodus has been around for a little more than a year, but its biggest claim to fame is its intuitive, user-friendly platform. The Exodus desktop wallet gives you all the bells and whistles to control an entire cr
JP Richardson and Daniel Castagnoli
It does so by taking a small portion of the spread on the major asset exchanges. Typical spreads range between 1-3%
Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
ETH Classic (ETC)
Exodus is a partially open source multi-currency wallet developed in 2016. It is the first desktop client to have full Shapeshift compatibility. The wallet is the work of Richardson and Castagnoli, and its users can expect an easy user experience and expedited transaction processing times.
The wallet software is lightweight, and so, it can be used without downloading. The wallet features many intuitive controls and an easy email-based account restoration capability.
- Broad Multi-currency Support: The multi-currency feature available through Exodus is quite advanced as it offers support for over two dozen virtual currencies. In addition to popular currencies like BTC, and ETH, the wallet can also hold ANT, BAT, OMG, and a host of other virtual currencies.
- Access to Trading Services: Exodus provides some access to cryptocurrency trading through an inbuilt connection to Shapeshift exchange. This is actually a great option because it gives users a chance to dabble in some trading without putting their money at risk by having to put it in centralized trading services.
- Fast and Reliable: Exodus puts a lot of focus on providing a fast and reliable service to its customers. In fact, the wallet tracks the Blockchain network for any changes so that it can find the fastest means to process transactions.
- No Transaction Fees: Exodus does not charge any transaction fees to its customers besides those charged by the specific cryptocurrency network. In fact, Exodus makes money through its currency exchange services where it takes part of the spread.
- User-Friendly User Interface: Exodus is one of the easiest cryptocurrency wallets you can use. This is a huge plus, particularly for those new to the use of cryptocurrency wallets. Otherwise, even for seasoned wallet users, the user-friendly interface makes for easier and more convenient user experience. For instance, to send money, you should click on the Wallet option and then choose the asset to send. From there, you only need to input the recipient’s address and click on send to make the currency transfer. Changing from one currency to another is also pretty easy on this wallet, and you will have all the information you need before effecting the exchange.
- Transaction Fees Vary: While Exodus is right to put emphasis on transaction speeds, this comes at an added cost to the user in terms of fluctuating fees. With this wallet, the transaction fees charged change depending on the speed at which a transaction is processed.
- Less Secure: In addition, Exodus does not offer two-factor authentication, which means it is not as secure as other wallets that feature this security feature by default. Therefore, the wallet might not be as safe as you would require of a cryptocurrency wallet, especially when you deal in quite a bit of cash.
As far as multi-currency wallets go, few other options can rival the breadth of service that Exodus has to offer. The wallet can support dozens of currencies, and users can change from one currency to another within the wallet through its inbuilt exchange feature. Finally, the wallet has a very easy-to-use interface, and the fact that it focuses on providing faster transaction fees is a huge plus for many users.