* CPU: 120 MHz embedded ARM processor (Cortex-M3) * ScreenBrigh: OLED - 128x64 pixels * Size: 60mm x 30mm x 6mm (2.4 x 1.2 x 0.2 in) * Weigh: t- 12g (0.42 oz) * Temp: 20°C to +60°C (-4°F - +140°F) * Connection: Micro USB to desktop or mobile * Desktop: Windows, macOS, Linux * Mobile: Android * Certified: CE and RoHS certified (quality, reliability and environmental standards)
Trezor is the world’s first bitcoin wallet hardware that was founded in 2013 in Prague, Czech Republic and was launched in August 2014. Because of Trezor’s well-known manufacturer SatoshiLabs, the hardware wallet gained a high reliability. If you may not know, SatoshiLabs is a trusted company and known to be transparent in manufacturing software and devices that provide security to the Bitcoin users.
The Company manufactured Trezor in metal for the first launching in 2014. Though the device is not waterproof, it is at least water resistant according to the manufacturer. The latest device is constructed of plastic but still provides damage resistance.
With Trezor being compatible with any devices, it allows you to access your coins and makes transaction any time. It supports Windows, MacOs, Linux and also compatible with any Android device. This hardware wallet has their secure own web-based software(myTrezor.com) and a Chrome extension where you can easily set up your Trezor. The online difference is that the setup for the web-wallet is online and the Chrome extension can be used offline. If you're worried about the security of your coins and information, use the Chrome extension and do the set-up offline. It is also compatible with other applications such as Mycelium and Greenbits.
Like the other hardware wallet, you need to connect your Trezor to a computer using a USB Cable. Your Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies are securely stored offline in the device. With the help of its small display screen, it allows the user to check and verify the transactions.
What makes it different with the other hardware wallet is that Trezor is a mini computer where you can do transactions offline. With its versatile design, you can always check if the information is correct, such as amount and address with its screen. It has a top-notch security for the cryptocurrencies and is where you can control your private keys.
- Easy to use and great user interface.
- Trezor’s website has a complete FAQ and other previously asked questions which will help you know all the details you need.
- Can store different cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Etherum and etc.
- Trezor is flexible and can be accessed with their own web-based or other application.
- Despite of it’s adance security, the device is still easy to use.
- A 24-word recovery seed will be provided when you installed your Trezor. It’s the back up of your hardware wallet in case your Trezor is lost or stolen. It also serves as your recovery password.
- You can add more security to your device by choosing a passphrase encrypted seed for more protection.
- Trezor allows you to choose the right transaction fee and view the expected confirmation time.
- Adding more security is great but hen you forget the passphrase, there’s no way you can recover the wallet.
- It doesn’t support all the coins and cryptocurrencies yet but they are adding more on list.
- It must be plugged in the computer to be able to make transactions.
- Too much time to spend in step-up and when plugging in because of the securities.
How to Buy
You can visit their website to purchase the hardware wallet. It will save you money because you can purchase the Trezor to its original price of €89. They have their E-shop, but it’s also available for purchase in the following :
- Crypto Wallet Supply
Moreover, there are many resellers online acquainted with Trezor. You can visit their website so you’ll see their list of resellers around the globe. Take note it is not recommended to buy Trezor in eBay for security and legitimacy reasons.
Trezor is a cold storage that aims to protect your coins. Its strong encryption is what makes it desirable and valuable for the users.The wallet requires a PIN code upon setting up and the PIN code will be required for spending, receiving, and other transactions. The PIN code is only visible to your Trezor and cannot be viewed online. Also, the PIN code will be randomly displayed on your device so you’ll not be worried if someone sees it.
So far, there’s no known issue regarding the storage and security.